My Funny Easter Stories

By Cyril Simmons (Guest Author)



Inspirational Easter Stories
Easter is one of those holidays I don't like missing home. Being a construction engineer however often hampered this custom of celebrating Easter with my family. A particular instance, of many easter stories, came to mind.

Sometimes ago, I led a team to the North for a road construction project. The initial plan was to be back home 5 days to Easter but at the last minute a message came in from headquarters asking us to stay put and await further directives. My men were in shock. Many of them have gotten Easter stuffs for their families back home. Morale in the camp was very low.


Determined to make my men happy, I got a local truck driver, and promised him a hefty sum of money to take us down south (the journey takes a full day). On Friday morning I addressed my men. Looking back now, it was really funny. I addressed my men the way General Meridius spoke to his army in Gladiator. "We would go south," I told them, "celebrate Easter with our families and come back North to await the company's directives." They couldn't believe their ears, and I've never seen an eager sort of full-grown people.

As we made to board the truck and begin the journey back home, another message came in from my boss. He had been playing practical jokes on us all along, the message read, and we should get our butts back home immediately.